Thursday, January 15, 2009

My sleeping pill

I climb into bed when my love is already a-snooze.
My mind is racing-thinking of a million different things-what I need/forgot/have to do. My feet are freezing (bad circulation + cold night).
I curl up next to him, nuzzle my feet into his warm legs and listen to his quiet, heavy breathing.
Now I'm relaxed.
Now I can rest.
Goodnight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it the truth! It's so nice to have our hubbies be warm to cuddle up next to.

spideybrian said...

:), Love this post, Brian hates my cold feet!!

tiburon said...

I am the same way!! Love it ;)

Alyssa said...

Isn't it a wonderful thing to have that perfect place to end the day....

Elder and Sister Hale said...

Wow, loved that poem! This is Kyle's cousin, Laura. I'm not sure I've met you yet, Annie, but I sure like your husband and looks like he struck gold with you! Glad I found your blog! What a cute family you have!

The Wright Fam said...

That is so true and so sweet! How have you been, I've missed seeing ya at church! I know you are working hard, I hope you're doing great and have a wonderful week!