Monday, January 5, 2009

For the past few weeks I have taken a much needed break. A break from studying, a break from stress, a break from blog.

It has been refreshing to take the holidays and really soak them in. We had a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year spent with family and friends. I have also been savouring the time I have been able to spend with Mr. Green and the girls. You see, I start working full-time this week. This idea of working has brought many emotions into my heart and mind. I really enjoy what I do. It's challenging, fulfilling and a lot of fun. However, leaving my family for so much time during the week has me a little heart broken. Both of my children are in school, and my husband works full-time as well, so it's time I go to work.

I am excited about the challenge, but letting go of my kids is gut wrenching sometimes. I love to watch them grow and learn and develop, but each day that goes by is another day closer to them growing up. I know most moms must feel the same joyful agony.


I am incredibly grateful for the time I've had to be at home with them. What a blessing it has been for me. This life is full of letting-go times like this. They are challenging, yet somehow, with His unyielding love, the Lord helps us through them.


Today is the beginning of many things new for me and my family. I feel refreshed, regenerated and ready for the challenges to come.

1 comment:

tiburon said...

I hope things are working out okay! Sending you a hug :)