"Sometimes sisters are a nightmare!"
This is what Lola tearfully said to me this evening after being tattled on.
I despise tattling by the way. My response is something my Aunt Beth taught me to say. "Are you tattling or do you need help?" Genius.
Anyway. This conversation about how terrible sisters are made me think about my brothers. See, I never had a sister. I have three stinky brothers. I secretly wanted a sister growing up. I wanted a playmate who didn't lock me in my room or shoot the neighbor's window out with a bb gun (oh, there are so many more stories).
Looking back, though, I am grateful that I have three brothers. Now they are not so stinky, and I have learned so much from each them. I am so proud of all of them.
And, besides, with brothers comes sister-in-laws.
Btw. I had a conversation with my girls about teenage pregnancy today. They are 5 and 7. Sucky.
Love THIS book.
3 comments:
Sisters are the worst! Then you grow up and the become your best friend ever...and sometimes you don't have a sister, but you have sesters. I'm glad you are my sester.
annie...your girls are too cute and will grow up to be the bestest friends ever. i am super close with my two sisters! and i, too, despise tattling so i will use wise aunt beth's saying! and ewwwww on the preggo talk. so sorry! ellen asked me the other day what sex was!! YIKERSSS!!
Adorable!
Post a Comment