Sunday, January 3, 2010

on my fridge


I was looking in one of those have-a-beautiful-organized-home magazines the other day, and I noticed something. There were photos of people's kitchens, and in these kitchens there were refrigerators with nothing on them. I mostly noticed it because it was in complete contrast to my fridge which is covered with things...like photos, invitations, magnets and art my girls have made. While looking at these photoless, clutter free fridges in this your-kitchen-will-be-amazing-if-it-looks-like-this magazine, I glanced over at my fridge and smiled. My fridge may be cluttered, but that's the way I like it. I think it makes my kitchen pretty amazing.

5 comments:

BrieAnn said...

The first time I walked into my mother-in-law's house, I was shocked when I didn't see anything on the fridge. She has one of those beautiful organized houses (she just started a blog about it that I'm going to link soon). She has lived in 4 different places, and each fridge has been completely bare except for the house she is in now. It has four small square magnets that say "Home" on it. Those magnets are on the side, so you can't really see them anyway. It is a stark contrast to my fridge for sure.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! I love fridges with art, hommade magnets and invitations and photos on them. It shows thast people actually live in that home!....Hey, Annie! It's Krystal. I saw your blog on Tina's. It's good to see what you are up to.

spideybrian said...

Good for you for even looking at those magazines...I don't even pretend to attempt the stature of those mags...and your fridge does look pretty awesome!

Tori Orgill said...

i love your fridge!

Kim and company said...

Fridges with children ---are meant to be art galleries! How else will the children know they are stars??