Wednesday, January 27, 2010

wall grime

I have to make this quick cause i'm 'sposed to be watching the State of the Union with Kyle and I won't ever pass up an opportunity to cuddle.

Tonight I was stressing.

Don't know why really. I was making my girls' beds with their clean sheets (LOVE clean sheets BTW), and I was looking at all the grime on their walls and all their toys. They share a room, and it's really not all that big. So even though it's pretty well organized it feels cluttered. I was getting all bent out of shape about it in my mind. I was thinking,

"We've only lived here two years and there is already grime on the walls!".

I like things to have a place, and I hate clutter. And I don't use the word hate lightly, people.
Anyway...back to my thoughts:

I was getting all stressed out.

Then, THEN! a tender mercy came to me. The thought came to my mind that my girls will only be this little for a short time. They will grow fast, and it's only wall grime for-crying-out-loud. Who the heck cares if your walls are dirty and things aren't exactly in their place. Love your children and forget about all that.

And I did.

And now I love the wall grime.

6 comments:

The Wright Fam said...

THanks! THat is something that I totally needed to hear... it sounds like we have similar "clean-freak" tendencies!

melissa said...

Ohh Annie, you always make me laugh..

Waggoner Family said...

thank you....i needed that tonight.

Tori Orgill said...

yay wall grime!!
i love you and i love tender mercies!

singingcindy said...

Agreed, and if you leave it long enough, it will be a constant reminder of their precious childhood and all the wonderful memories you had with them. I would love to bring it all back with mine. But it can never happen. Love you.

Kristy said...

Words of wisdom my sister!