Sunday, December 27, 2009

Traditions


The holidays are full of traditions, and I love it.

Fondue, for example, has been eaten on Christmas Eve on my mother's side of the family for years. Cheesy gooey yumminess in a pot for dipping stuff in...how can you go wrong? Right? And I haven't even mentioned the chocolate. It's too delectable for words.

On the other hand, the traditions sometimes get jumbled up, and it makes for an interesting time.

Every year on Christmas Eve we go to Memaw's house (therefore missing the fondue, but having other equally yummy treats). We sing the 12 days of Christmas just like we did as kids and exchange gifts. Well, this year it snowed so much (6 inches, people!) that we couldn't travel to the gathering, so we stayed home and had fondue instead. Did I mention the 00ey-gooeyness?

On Christmas eve night I came down with some unfortunate bug in my tummy and was laid up. As I moaned in bed miserable I could hear the grown up kids in my family (little ones were in beds with sugar plums dancing in heads) talking and laughing histerically. What a noise!

All of these things reminded me of what is important...cheese...oh, and chocolate. No, but really, it did. And I know you all know what I'm talking about. Laughter. Family. Love. Christ.

3 comments:

Tori Orgill said...

you are so wonderful annie. thank you so much for your beautiful example. i am glad that you had a good christmas and i can't wait to party with you on new year's eve!

spideybrian said...

GREAT POST....even better pic of Ky looking like he's about to puke... :)!! Happy New Year!

Kim and company said...

Love your cute tradition! Sorry you had a bug! LOVE fondue---and all the gooeyness! Hugs to your family!