Friday, April 11, 2008

My favorite banana bread

banana bread

I really love to bake. I've tried many-a-banana bread recipes and this is my favorite. Here is the recipe. Try it. It's sweet. It's moist. It's bananalicious.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups unbleached flour, sifted
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 ripe bananas pulped
2 beaten eggs
3/4 cup sour milk (buttermilk or regular milk with 3 tsp. lemon juice added to it)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Sift together the dry ingredients and set aside. Blend butter, sugar and milk until creamy. Add the eggs and banana pulp and stir until thouroughly mixed in. Slowly add the dry ingredients and stir briefly until just combined. Dollop the batter into two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake in the center of the oven 45 to 50 minutes. Test with a toothpick. Do not overbake. Cool before slicing.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Annie: I missed your post on my blog. It was sooo fun to hear from you. It looks like you have added a few babes since I last saw you. Congratualtions, they are all beautiful. Your banana bread looks fabulous, and I will definitely give it a shot. How is your mom, I love her and think of her often. Congrats on graduating soon. That's a great field and you will be incredible I 'm sure. E-mail me when you get a chance. Lori