Lola's pet Gracie the fish died a few days after we moved. I don't think she handled the stress of the move very well. Lola was extremely sad. I asked her if she wanted to be with me when I flushed her down the toilet, and she told me that she would rather bury her in our backyard. It was a good opportunity for us to talk about the plan of salvation. Kyle found some flowers for the grave site. It was a moment I had to capture on my camera. We did replace Gracie the fish with a new fish named Peacock. Lola was happy that she has a new friend to take care of.




This is Peacock
3 comments:
One of my best friends gave me a betta for my 13th birthday, right before I moved away. His name was Glutton. He was mine from May until October. My mom and I went out to get some stuff for Halloween, which was the next day. When we got back, he wasn't swimming around anymore. I couldn't stand the thought of flushing him, so my dad put him in a match box and we buried him beneath the orange tree in our back yard. Maybe Gracie and Glutton are swimming in heaven together.
Awww so sad. They don't handle stress very well. I remember when Ethan was about 3 and he took his fish out of the bowl to give him a kiss and hug. Didn't go over well....
Glad it was a chance to teach a lesson though. :)
Tell Lola I'm so sorry that Gracie died! Alexis was sad when I told her.
Post a Comment