I woke up this morning exhausted.
I work in the ICU as a nurse, and the last 3 days at work have been brutal.
6:15 this AM I lay in bed awake.
I am so tired, I think to myself. My body hurts.
When people find out that I am a critical care nurse they have different reactions. Some think it must be gross having to deal with blood and guts and poop. Others think it must be so sad seeing so many people hurting, sick and dying. And some people think it must be exciting having patients who are so sick because there is that adrenaline rush when things go wrong.
And it is all of those things all at the same time.
But mostly for me it is humbling.
I see amazing things.
I see patients overcome infection and disease deemed impossible.
I see nurses give dignity to those in their last moments of life.
I see families come together and will their family members to health.
I see physicians and nurses and paramedics and respiratory therapists work together to save lives.
I see hope and faith where most people would just give up.
Today I am tired and aching, but I am amazed by the blessings this job brings to my life.
I have the opportunity every time I am at work to be humbled and keep my life in perspective.
I feel overwhelmed with gratitude to be able to do a job that blesses my life so much, and I hope and pray that the Lord will bless me to do it well.
for inspiration read this
1 comment:
you amaze me!
Post a Comment