Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Goal: Clean out refrigerator and load in new groceries.
While attempting the said goal I happened to drop a jar of salsa on the tile floor.
This in itself is an unfortunate, annoying mishap-the cleaning up of the salsa and the glass combined. You can't sweep because it's wet, but if you use paper towels there is a risk for cutting your hands. Nevertheless, I am a mom full of ingenuity and experience, so I can handle these kinds of situations. Normally. But today threw me for a loop.
Today Isabelle happened to be standing right by the fridge at the very moment the jar dropped. It was like slow motion. The jar slowly slipping out of my hand, my jaw dropping open, and a slow deep gasp of air rising into my throat. I looked down and Isabelle was crying. The jar hadn't hit her, thank goodness, but salsa had splattered all over her. The glass was everywhere. At first, I thought maybe it had just scared her. I looked at her leg. I couldn't tell if it was blood or salsa, but it looked like just salsa. No cuts detected. Isabelle kept crying, and the cry quickly progressed to that "I'm in excruciating pain" cry. I knew she must have gotten cut. I quickly ran to put the dog in the crate (didn't want her licking up glassy salsa), ran back over to Belle and preceded to wipe the salsa from her leg. The more I wiped the more she screamed. The spicy peppers from the salsa were seeping into her cut. Ouch! She wouldn't let me touch it. "I have to get the salsa off or it will get worse," I tried to convince her, but she wasn't convinced. So, I forced it. I held her leg down and wiped it off. I could see the cut now. It was small, no big deal, but salsa in a wound is a painful thing. Band aid to the rescue. Why is it that a mother's loving words of assurance and gentle touch don't help, but a band aid cures every ailment? I will never figure that one out. Needless to say, she is fine. A band aid and an ice pop made everything better. As for me, I'm a bit frazzled, but the fridge is cleaned and stocked with good food. I accomplished my goal with only one small incident. That's good enough for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hee Hee! That made me chuckle--in a good way. I'm glad Isabelle is okay! How we can all relate to big accomplishment, little setback! I somehow managed to develop over 150 pictures and stock my fridge with Bear and Pop running like crazies at the store barely within my eyesight. Thank goodness that some stores do samples---I hardly buy the food, but it keeps the toddlers entertained! Phew!
Ok I'm sorry but I had to laugh, only really because I can totally see it happening to me! I'm glad that she's ok though! And I'm glad that you were able to accomplish your goal for the day!
Yes Annie, I am in your ward. I know tib through a mommy board that my friend got me on a few years ago, back when I was still in Utah. I don't follow that board much & I know Tib doesn't either, but I still follow Tib. How do you know her?
I just love you! I totally get the post...I was making breakfast and Hunt "broke his jaw". It's amazing what can happen when you turn your back. It's not really broken or even bruised, but you sure wouldn't think that by the sounds he was making. Love you and CAN'T wait till DEC!! PS I love your husband.
Post a Comment