Monday, August 18, 2008

What's in a name?

I have a lot of friends who are pregnant right now, so baby names is often the topic of discussion. It got me thinking about my name. I've always had an idea of what it meant, but I thougth I'd look it up here. This is what I found:

My name is Anne Elizabeth

Anne
Origin: Hebrew
Meaning: Grace, favour

Elizabeth
Origin: Hebrew
Meaning: My God is a vow

What does your name mean?

3 comments:

tiburon said...

Shark. My name means Shark. :)

tiburon said...

Oh and grace is definitely fitting for you.

BTW - this isn't some clever way of announcing your eggo is preggo is it?

BrieAnn said...

I had a 2nd great-grandma whose name was Annie Elizabeth.

PS: I froze my leftover pancakes the other day. I thought of you when I popped them in the toaster and as able to enjoy them again without all the work!