Monday, June 30, 2008

My bain

I love having a clean house. I really do. If my house is a mess it makes me anxious. I can't relax. I have to clean. It's a little neurotic, I know, but that's how I am. Don't get me wrong, my house is not always clean. Sometimes it's a wreck, but then I have anxiety. I have to clean. I actually enjoy cleaning. It's therapeutic, in a way for me. BUT there is one chore in my house that I hate. Hate is a very strong word. I really don't like to use it, but this chore is worthy of it. It's laundry. I don't like sorting, loading, folding or putting it away. I don't understand it when people say, "I finished my laundry." No you didn't, because the clothes you have on are dirty and you will have to wash them. Laundry is NEVER finished. It's always there whispering in my ear. I have this cycle I go through every week. I avoid doing laundry-because I loath it so much-for 3 or 4 days. Then I walk into my laundry room and panic because the laundry is piled so high. I only have 4 people living in my household, but man, we can pile up the laundry quick. Then, I start a load, wash it and put it into the dryer. I feel like I'm accomplishing something. Gonna get the laundry done. Then, because I hate laundry, I let the load sit in the dryer for a day or two. The laundry continues to pile high. It's so high now you almost need a map to get from the door to the washer and dryer. Then, I really panic. Gotta get the laundry done. I say to my husband, "I really need to work on the laundry." Hoping secretly that he'll be the loving husband that he is and do a load or two. The laundry continues to pile up. I then come to grips with the fact that my children are now wearing swimsuit bottoms for underwear, and I cave in and spend an entire day or two doing laundry. It's torture, but it's there, nonetheless. Tonight is the night that I've come to grips. I'm off to do laundry. If you don't see me for a while, come look in my laundry room. I might have gotten lost in the maze of clothes.

7 comments:

Erin said...

I feel the same way about laundry and I bet my pile is higher than yours right now.

Tori Orgill said...

Amen Sister...I only do laundry on Mondays!! If you need something in the dirty clothes before that...do it yourself!! That is my motto!!

BrieAnn said...

I'm so there right now. The worst part is that Cora has been experiencing blow-outs the past few mornings...at least I rinse the poo out, right?...before I spray and wash it and leave it on the washer for days. I hate that I can measure my pile in feet.

Stephanie said...

Amen! I hate laundry!

Anonymous said...

You are such a goof ball! I like that your daughters are wearing their swim bottoms as underwear! He he.... I'm not completely sure anyone loves to do laundry! I usually do ok until it comes to putting it away! It just sits folded on the dresser!

tiburon said...

I hear ya! i hate laundry - but my new machines make it SOOOO much easier. I used to do 20 loads a week - I am down to 7 :)

The Wright Fam said...

Annie I am so glad you found our blog! Blogs are so fun! By the way, I couldn't agree more with this entry!! My husband calls me a clean freak, but it's just who I am. I will be the first to admit, that my house isn't the cleanest, but I am much happier when things are in order! :-) LOL!! Have a great day!