Monday, June 16, 2008

Cousins

I have great memories of growing up in Oklahoma. I had a special childhood because I was surrounded by cousins. On both my mom and dad's sides of the family ALL of my cousins lived in Oklahoma. My grandparents lived in Edmond and had a backyard swimming pool. I remember spending hours there every summer swimming, pretending, and exploring with my cousins. I am lucky to have 4 girl (now women) cousins that are all around my age. 3 of us were born within 6 months of eachother. Over the years we have always spent time together. I feel so blessed to have them in my life now. We are cousins and friends. Our relationship is so incredibly dear to me. Now we all have daughters. In fact 3 of them are born within 6 months of eachother. It is so much fun to see them play together, and it brings back those memories from when I was a kid hanging out and being with my cousins.

1 comment:

BrieAnn said...

There is something so tender about having extended family around as you grow up. Mine didn't all live in the same state, but I lived near my grandparents (I only knew my mom's side of the family), so I saw lots of different cousins several times a year (I'm 33rd out of 39 grandkids on that side so there was always someone visiting). I also lived with my aunt and uncle (who had 5 girls) for a summer. I cherish those memories, and hope that Cora will be able to have something like that (even though I can't quite picture how it will be possible right now). Your post made me sweetly sentimental.