Thursday, May 29, 2008


Every Thursday my friend Tiburon makes a list of some things she is thankful for. I heard a quote once by a leader in my church (although I can't remember who right now). He said, "Gratitude is the prelude to love. It is the key to love. It is love in action." I take things for granted some times, so I am going to start Thankful Thursday to encourage myself to be more thankful for the things God has blessed me with.

Today I am grateful for:
1. Pony tail holders. Many bad hair days are hidden by these bad boys.
2. Hand sanitizer. My little girls are into everything. I often hear, "Mommy, look what I found." Only to look down in disgust at something questionable they have picked up. Gotta kill those germs.
3. My home. I love the way it feels-so welcoming and warm. My family fills it with life and love.
4. Text messaging. Mr. Green works strange hours and cannot talk while at work, so we text message eachother through out the day. I would miss him without it.
5. My parents. They have loved and supported me through so much. Plus, they are just cool people to hang out with.

Is there anything that you are thankful for? It could be something big. It could be something small. But there really is something therapeutic about putting it out there. (Feel free to borrow the logo)

No comments: