Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A great day


I had an incredible day today. This semester I am studying OB and pediatric nursing, and I got to see my first deliveries today. I saw a C-section and a birth. It was incredible. It was very emotional for me. Seeing new little ones born to this earth is such a miracle. I had to fight back the tears as I stood there and watched these women bring new life to the world. It made me think of the moments that my girls were born. I will never forget that feeling I had the first time I saw their chubby, wrinkled little faces and heard their powerful cries. I am so blessed to be a woman and have the opportunity to experience that miracle.

Check out this new documentary that is coming out! It is very thought provoking!

3 comments:

Vanessa and Rebecca said...

This is going to be interesting to watch. After having gone through 2 c-sections I did have to do a lot of research as to why the US has such a high statistic and it's interesting that most doctors will say that most women can give birth in a bathroom stall with out problem. The statistics are skewed though a bit because more and more women are getting pregnant at 38+ years of age AND having multiples which do add to complications, these are statistics that a lot of other countries do not have. Many of the women in our country elect to have c-sections which also add to the statistics.

Hee I'm just glad that they come out healthy. t-minus 10 days till the next one come. !!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun to watch such emotional and spiritual events. That's great. Speaking of having babies are you and Kyle planning on that someday? He he, I'm laughing already at your face reading this! I'm sure I'm not the only person that has asked you this.

Allie said...

I love your blog, Annie! It's fun to read about you and your sweet family. I heard you followed Jacqui in L&D last week. I'm so glad you had a good experience...you never know what you are going to get there! BTW, the C/S rate at OU is higher b/c of the high risk population we see. I'm sad you won't be in our ward anymore! But I'm happy you guys are closing on your house! See ya soon.