Sunday, February 10, 2008

A conversation with Lola

Lola "Mom, when I grow up I want to be a veterinarian and catch lots of animals and make a zoo so you can come and see all my animals."

Me "That sounds great Lola. I would love to see all of the animals that you catch. Do you think it might be better, though, to keep the animals in the wild because that's where they are happiest?"

Lola "Oh, ya, I meant, I want to be an animal scientist and go into the ocean to study hump-back whales. I love hump-back whales."

Me "Yes, they are amazing animals, aren't they? They are beautiful and so big."

Lola "Yes. I want to swim with them and if one is sick I can catch it then and take it to the vet. It will need my help. I could catch one, Mom."

Me "You are so sweet to animals, Lola. I'm sure you will take care of all the animals if they need help."

Lola "I love animals, mom."

Me "I know you do, Lola. You will be a great animal scientist."

No comments: