Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pinned!

This is my pin that I worked so hard for. It was a surreal experience at the pinning ceremony. I can't believe I'm actually finished!!!

The Professional Nursing Pledge

In the full knowledge of the responsibilities I am undertaking, I promise to care for my clients with all the knowledge, skills and understanding I possess, without regard to race, color, creed, politics, social status, sparing no effort to conserve meaningful life, to alleviate suffering and to promote health.
I will respect, at all times, the dignity and religious beliefs of the patients under my care and hold in professional confidence all personal information entrusted to me. I will refrain from any action which might endanger the quality of life or health.
I will endeavor to keep my professional knowledge and skill at the highest level and to give my support and cooperation to all members of the health team.
With full awareness of my qualifications and limitations, I will do my utmost to maximize the potential of the nursing profession and to uphold and advance its standards.

Developed by students at Duke University School of Nursing

Two of my number 1 supporters! Kyle looked very dashing that evening.

Both of my grandmothers came to see me graduate. It meant a lot to me to have them there.

What a grand experience this has been for me. It has been full of determination, doubt, hard work, stress, joy, and I have made some beautiful friends. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to go to school and to do something I love.

10 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment & has to be a great feeling!

Kim and company said...

Wow! Way to go Annie! You will be one terrific nurse---and a hottie too---watch out for crazy old men. Did I just write that out loud?

Middletonfamily said...

You will be an awesome nurse. You are so friendly and caring. What a great accomplishment!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations Annie! What an awesome accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Well congratulations! That's great news!

spideybrian said...

NICE!!! I can't wait to hear of the disgusting/amazing stories that you will have to share about caring for those crazy old men Kim was talking about!!

Allie said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so impressed that you got through nursing school while raising your 2 beautiful daughters and planning a wedding, getting married, and moving into a new home, etc etc etc. Nursing school's hard enough! I'm sooooo impressed that you accomplished that goal with all that you have going on. (If you need an NCLEX books/disks I have a Saunders')

tiburon said...

Well done!! Congratulations!!!!

Love the new banner at the top too :)

Life Is Beautiful! said...

Congratulations Annie!!!! What an accomplishment, I am so happy for you!!!

Our Family said...

Congratulations Annie!! We are so excited for you... The Silfies