I am thankful for my family.
I didn't really get to celebrate Thanksgiving this year. At least not in the traditional way. I ate turkey and dressing in a hospital cafeteria. I was afraid, very afraid. But, I do have to say I was highly impressed with its deliciousness.
I worked this year, and I tried my best to have a good attitude. At least I'm not a patient in the hospital, right? But I missed my family. I missed hearing the same stories we always tell over and over again. I missed Grandma's freshly whipped mashed potatoes. Thankfully K brought home leftovers. Coconut creme pie=heaven.
At the end of the day, though, I came home to a quiet house, the kids bathed-sleeping soundly and my man who wrapped his arms around me tightly.
I am blessed.
3 comments:
you are so blessed! and i am blessed to have a friend like you!!
Bummer you had to work!!! I'm glad you weren't a patient in the hospital either! We didn't go to AZ, which we have done ever since we were dating. That was sad to me, but I'm pregnant enough not to want to travel that far...or maybe I just don't love ever having to drive 15 hours in a car...
Oh, and I, too, love coconut cream pie...hmmmmm
Always love your pics. And how are you related to Reagan?!
Post a Comment