Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm thankful for...

I grew up with a slew of cousins, and it enriched my life so much. I have great memories. We were a wild bunch of kiddos and we were in our own little world. Some of my best memories are:

-Bear in the Cave (an amped up version of hide-and-go-seek we made up)
-playing "babies"
-dodging Ben's pennies
-floatin' the river
-watching Sleeping Beauty 162 times
-Rice-a-roni with chicken
-The 12 Days of Christmas
-getting in trouble for playing on the stairs
-building forts
-back scratches
-watching fireworks
-swimming at Memaw and Papa's
-fishing with grandpa
-"playing" the organ
-skits at Christmas time (or any other time we felt inspired)
-catching crawdads on the Illinois River
-"swimming" in the gutter behind Grandpa's
-Hungry-Hungry Hippo
-Grandma's "nests"
-flying kites on Easter Sunday
-roller skating

Oh, and there are so many more. I am so thankful for each of my cousins. I love you all.



1 comment:

BrieAnn said...

This post was so sentimental to me. I grew up with a lot of cousins, and I loved it. It certainly helped shape who I am. AND I just read your other thankful post...there was definitely a tear. I love Love.