Friday, July 24, 2009

Stream of consciousness

I'm excited to go see a movie with Kyle tonight. My dog won't stop whining and it's bugging me. Seriously. Her name is Lucy. I used to watch I Love Lucy reruns on Nick at Night when I was a teenager. Veta-Vita-Vegamin was my favorite episode. Oh, and the chocolate factory episode...classic. Chocolate sounds really good right now. Maybe a chocolate truffle. I went on a road trip once and we found this little chocolate shop in Colorado called Mouse's Handmade Truffles. The truffles were so good that I still remember the name of the shop. It was at least 8 years ago. Another thing I wish I had in my hometown is a Cafe Rio. Yum is all I have to say. I miss Utah. I miss my friends there. They were great. I love Salt Lake. Liberty Park was right down the street from my house. I miss watching the fireworks on Pioneer day at that park. I loved my house there, but I hated the backyard. What a mess! I used to go running along South Temple. The weather was perfect. I love the fall. I love the cooler weather and the colors. I love wearing sweaters and football season. Road trips all over Oklahoma with my best friend, Nikki. We were adventurers and our parents were crazy to let us go. We were responsible, though. Thank goodness. My tummy hurts a little and I'm tired. The house is quiet. I planted some flowers in a pot today. It's on my front porch. I hope they don't die. I'm horrible with potted things. Good thing my kids didn't come in a pot. Ha. I love corny jokes. I also love corn on the cob. Grilled. We should grill out soon. Its been a while. I'm so glad the girls are asleep. They were so tired and need rest. School starts soon. Only one month of summer left. I will be sad cause they will both be in school all day everyday. I can't believe it. Just got a text message from Kyle. He wants to go see Harry Potter. I probably shouldn't get popcorn cause I'm trying to eat more healthily. Or the Milk Duds either.


.

4 comments:

Tori Orgill said...

that is tooo funny...and so sad that i think exactly that way, too!

melissa said...

Loved your post! I wish you lived a little closer so we could go running together in downtown SLC. I will run by myself and think of you!!!

Kim and company said...

Hey Annie---long time no visit your blog as you were out of commission forever! I'm so glad to peek at you cuties and get an update! Did you like Harry Potter! 3 of us K's are headed to So Cal this weekend---beach and family fun! Looking forward to playing with you folks next summer!

spideybrian said...

:), thanks for the glimpse into your brain...it makes me feel better about the way I think too.