Monday, June 29, 2009

With purple gloves on our hands

My earth-loving six year old daughter planned our family home evening tonight. "Mom," she said, "Since I love the earth I want to take care of it, and I have a great idea how. Let's pick up trash by the gas station with the 'K' (that's Circle K). "

And so we did.

Even Isabelle, who despises being sweaty had a great time. "This is fun, " she said.

I'm a proud mama.

I was inspired while we were picking up the garbage. There was so much trash that filling up 3 trash bags didn't even make a dent, but my girls were not discouraged. I was thinking that to remedy this problem there should be a National Pick Up Trash Day when kids around the country rally their family members, church groups, soccer teams etc. to spend an hour picking up trash on the side of the road.

The earth would be a much cleaner place.

Think about it.

8 comments:

Middletonfamily said...

Love the idea! My little guy is all about cleaning up the earth too! He already tells his friends when they throw trash on the ground that it's "not nice to the earth" and he will pick it up and will throw it away! Got to love kids!
Annie your girls are such cuties! Wish we lived closer so we could see each other!

Melissa said...

That's a good idea Annie! I love how they wanted to do that for family home evening... they are so sweet.

Christensen Family said...

I'm with ya! My kids would love that! We could just start with Oklahoma city :)

Tori Orgill said...

she is divine!

spideybrian said...

Too cute, that's way sweet that that was your FHE. Love it! I hope Kyle had a great bday!!!

Kristy said...

Soo cool! Tell your girl that she rocks!

singingcindy said...

Lola and Isabelle are the most wonderful girls ever! I love them so much.

Waggoner Family said...

Love this idea! Let's do it for a primary quarterly activity! Village and Edmond 2nd! :)